I just love this time of the year. Believe it or not, much more than my own birthday. There is definitely something about Christmas. The beautiful holiday to celebrate Christ, all of the decorations, lights, music, food, family time, and of course gift-giving and receiving make it much too special for words to describe. Let’s not forget all of the decadent indulgences, made especially from chocolate that we will consume during the holiday season. We have excuses now people, to eat! Having said that, weight loss goals will also be made with the New Year’s resolutions of course. One month of eating like piglets = one year’s worth of dieting. This is as always, the “bargain” of the moment! For most people it is worth it, as they have every excuse in the book as to why they should have that extra piece of cake, or eat that creamy, mayonnaise-infested dip however, it is a big no-no for me. I cannot stand to gain even a few pounds. Christmas time or not, it just drives me crazy. If I know that I will be consuming calorie dense desserts or fatty foods in general, I will accommodate for my well-being, and make time to work-out extra-long on that particular day. I do not drink any alcohol, ever, and generally stay away from all fried or heavy foods with too much going on. That itself already saves me a lot of calories on a weekly basis. I really do eat within the 80/20 rule, meaning eating clean for 80% of the time, and then grabbing whatever I want for the remainder 20%. It seems to not only make a lot of sense, at least to me, but enables a person to still enjoy the “forbidden, once-in-a-while” type foods. I am talking about the foods that ruin a diet, comfort foods, break-up with your partner type of foods, losing my job type of foods, and having a really, really bad day type of foods. You get the point I!!!. Okay, enough psychological talk, let’s just get down to the fun choco chat. Now, this is a very simple chocolate, starting with the packaging. Clean lines, refreshing, and bright colours, with some animation going on. See the chocolate dunk on the cover and then milk splashing right behind, pretty cool! Lindt is attempting to emphasize the amount of milk these chocolates contain. Nice!!! Taste-wise, I unwrap one, and allow the incredibly smooth and delicious milk flavour to melt in my mouth. Very pleasant, a bit on the sugary side though, but overall it is silky. I can certainly taste the extra addition of milk, as it is after all, the second ingredient on the list. I do wish though that Lindt was more conscientious of the items that they have added to make this chocolate. It is not necessarily bad, but it is just too much, with the combination of heavy sugar and artificial flavor. That is exactly what the after-taste also feels like. I need some green tea to dilute this bulk. Overall, a fairly good piece of chocolate, but just not good enough!!! Let’s leave it at that.
Chocolisciously Delightful Ingredients: Sugar, Milk Ingredients, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Lactose, Barley Malt Extract, Soya Lecithin, Artificial Flavor
Chocolisciously Delightful Rating: 3.1 / 5.0
Leave a Reply.
My name is Soriah and I am an enormous lover of fine chocolates. I enjoy strolling through charming towns and by chance, finding a little, delightful chocolate gem hidden in the corner, offering bon bons that are ready to be just devoured.